A leaky or flooded basement is more than just an inconvenience. A wet and leaking basement has always ranked highest as the home improvement problem. Whether you are a buyer, seller or the owner of a home, wet basements is always a concern. If not attended on time, it will not only damage the foundation of the home, but also might cost you a fortune for its repair in the future.
Water in the basement can ruin your home and poses serious health hazard. Most people don’t pay attention to this problem until it has caused damage to the foundation of the home. Here are some reasons to consider basement waterproofing as a permanent wet basement solution for your home:
– To Increase the Property Value – A wet and damaged basement with mold and mildew growth will depreciate the value of your home. Basement waterproofing will increase the sale value of your home by as much as 30%.
– To Prevent Health Risks – A wet and leaking basement means increased growth of mold, mildew, fungus and bacteria. Excess moisture in the basement makes it a perfect breeding ground for all these harmful things. All these significantly affect the health of your family. Constant exposure to mold and mildew for long period leads to serious respiratory diseases. Basement waterproofing prevents the build up of moisture and stops the growth of mold and mildew.
– To Prevent Wastage of Space – Basements usually offer a good storage space for all the things which we don’t use frequently. A wet and damp basement is practically of no use and storing items at such a place will lead to their damage. Waterproofing the basement will allow you to take advantage of the extra space in your house to store things.
– For Peace of Mind – Rainfall, floods and water collection around the foundation of the home is a very common occurrence. All this can result in a damage which can be very difficult to fix. Waterproofing the basement will give you peace of mind and you don’t have to worry about any damage to the foundation of your house during heavy rains.
– To Reduce Energy Costs – Basement waterproofing can boost the energy efficiency of your home during all types of weather. In a humid environment, the heating system will not have to work harder to heat the moisture laden air. While in summers, the air conditioner will be able to keep the air cool.